In my other article, I had mentioned best ways to decrease the bounce rate of your site. I had highlighted the importance of using related posts at the end of the posts to give your users more reasons to stay on your website.
After reading a post, the readers on your website can do two things – a) leave the site because it fulfilled their need for information they were looking for? or b) keep on searching for more relevant and useful information.
If they are about to leave, you can capture their e-mail address and send them emails later to keep them engaging with your business and offers.
But if they want to stay longer on your website, you could display more relevant content (if you have them, otherwise get busy writing great blog topics) around the main topic of that post.
This way, you will grab their attention more and keep on giving them more reasons to stay longer on your website.
As a result, not only decrease the bounce rate of your site by making your readers click on more than single pages per visit, but you will soon establish yourself as someone who is knowledgeable about their niche/industry.
Someone who wants to really help people by giving what they want – i.e. useful and relevant content.
This is the number one reason why you need to incorporate related plugins on your WordPress site.
And today, I have compiled top 5 powerful related plugins for WordPress so that you can hook your reader’s interest for longer and make them click around your web pages more than usual.
Best Related Posts Plugin WordPress:
1) Related Posts for WordPress:
The Related Posts for WordPress plugin allows you to display related posts in just 1 click! It creates its own cache in the backend while displays quality related posts keeping your website fast.
After installation, you will be taken to the wizard that will analyze your posts and link them with each. You can also modify all automatically created related posts.
- Go to your WordPress admin panel, and under Plugins > New Plugin, search for the “Related Posts for WordPress” and click “Install Now”
- Or, you could download the plugin and upload the file to your plugins directory, which is often under /wp-content/plugins/
- Click “activate” to start using the plugin.
The JetPack Related Posts scans all of your posts and displays contextual posts to your visitors after they have finished reading whatever post they were on.
This plugin does not use your web server’s resources as everything is analyzed, processed, and served from cloud.
Related content are automatically generated based on its tags or categories.
- Head over the Jetpack page in your blog’s dashboard and click on the Activate button for Related Posts. You can customize the appearance of the related posts by going to your Settings > Reading and scrolling down to the options next to “Related posts”
- If you want, you can choose to display the header for your related posts to separate the section from your main blog post.
- You can display images next to your post titles by checking “Use a large and visually striking layout” option.
- After you have done this, scroll to the bottom of the page and hit the “Save Changes” button.
3) Yet Another Related Posts Plugin (YARPP)
The Yet Another Related Posts Plugin, or YARPP, displays the most relevant posts or pages using a powerful unique algorithm. Its templating system allows you to have a total control over how your related posts should look like.
You can also make money on the side by displaying sponsored content at the bottom of your posts, in the sidebar, or both.
Your related content can be displayed in list or thumbnail view.
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Plugins > Add New and search for “Yet Another Related Posts Plugin” and click
- Activate the plugin
- Go to the “Related Posts (YARPP)” settings to customize your plugin.
- Click “Save Changes” but once you are happy with the settings.
4) Yuzo Related Posts
The Yuzo Related Posts shows related posts as accurate as possible. It has over 60+ customization options. It’s fast, it is easy to use, and it is completely free.
It cache uses images and sql to make your website really faster. It has tons of interesting effects to make your related post look really beautiful.
You can display your related posts on a specific page or post and specify the categories on which thumbnail will appear, thumbnail size, and its height and width.
- Navigate to the “Plugins” option, and click “Add New” link to add Yuzo related posts
- Search for “Yuzo related posts” on the search bar
- Once you have found the plugin, click “Install” and “Activate” to install and activate
- To customize the plugin’s settings, go to “Setting > Yuzo related post.”
- Click “Save Changes” button once you are done with the customization.
5) Contextual Related Posts
The Contextual Related Posts plugin allows you to display a list of related posts on your website or feed.
The list is displayed based on the title or the content of the posts, making them more relevant and more likely of interest to your readers.
This allows you to retain your visitors longer on your site, decrease bounce rate, and refresh old entries.
It supports thumbnails, shortcodes, custom post types, CSS styles, and widgets.
The inbuilt cache make sure that your posts do not put excessive load on the server.
- Go to your Plugins in your Admin area.
- Click on the “Add New” link and search for “Contextual Related Posts”
- Once you find the plugin in the list, click “Install Now” link
People love content, especially useful and relevant content.
If you have them on your website, you can display them at the bottom of your posts by using these top 5 best related posts plugin for WordPress.
This will help retain your readers longer on your website, and decrease the bounce rate of your website.
When you have low bounce rate, that’s a sign more people are visiting multiple pages on your website and staying there longer. And, using related posts plugins are one of the ways to do that.
Lastly, these plugins use their own cache system so no server resources are used, allowing your web pages to load faster.
So, by using these plugins, you won’t have to worry about web pages loading slow and watching your visitors go away somewhere else.
Over to you
Have you used any of these best related posts plugin for WordPress in your website/blog?
How was your experience using these plugin?
Did it help improve the bounce rate of your website, retain your visitors longer, and build more traffic as a result?
Are there any other useful related posts plugin for WordPress you would like to recommend?
Please share your ideas in the comment box below.
And, of course, if you found this article useful, please share, like, and/or comment to show me your love and support
Total Views: (46)